Dr. Alexander Rodin is a highly trained eye care professional committed to excellence in ophthalmology and dedicated to the safety and comfort of his patients. He specializes in the global treatment of ophthalmic disease with a special emphasis on laser surgery.
He is dedicated to fully educating patients about their health needs, and strives to be their partner in health.
Dr. Rodin, a native of Moscow, received his Medical Degree from The Moscow Medical Academy. Dr. Rodin completed his Ophthalmology Internship at The Eye Disease Research Institute of Russian Academy of Medical Science , followed by a fellowship program in ophthalmology at the Institute. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Rodin received Ph.D in ophthalmology and was invited to continue with the Institute as an Research Associate.
In 2004, Dr. Rodin was invited to New Line Vision” clinic (Moscow) as a head of the retinal department. In 2006 Dr. Rodin joined “Vision” clinic as a consultant and refractive surgeon.
Dr. Rodin has published a book for ophthalmologists, 'Biomicroretinometry' — the first Russian monograph on the diagnostics of the retinal diseases with optical coherence tomography.
From 2007 to 2011 Dr. Rodin has been appointed as an Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology Department of Moscow State University. As a scientist he was involved in a number of clinical studies including a clinical research on corneal collagen crosslinking. He also worked as a project lead for the interdisciplinary team developing a novel retinal image recognition software for the telemedicine.
In 2009 Dr. Rodin established the first Russian on-line retina image reading centre www.Eye-File.com - an innovative platform for the patients communication with their eye-care provider. Later, he graduated from the University of Toronto with the degree in Health Informatics and join CanMedApps Inc - a canadian startup developing innovative mobile solutions for the eye care professionals and their patients.
Dr. Rodin is one of the few Russian ophthalmologists who passed board exams in compliance to North American standards in Optometry. His qualifications and clinical knowledge are deemed equivalent to the Doctor of Optometry graduates of the University of Waterloo (Canada). Since 2014, he is licensed to practice Optometry in the province of Ontario and provides comprehensive eye exams in two locations within the Greater Toronto area.
He regularly visiting Moscow to provide high quality care to his patients.
• New modalities of the retinal imaging
• Image recognition technology in Ophthalmology
• Mobile and Web solutions for the eye doctors and their patients
Publications and Presentations in English
- Rodin A. Retinal Processor. Application Challenge competition, e-Health 2013, Ottawa, May 27-28, 2013.
- Dementyev D.D., Kourenkov V.V., Rodin A.S., Fadeykina T.L., Diaz T.E. Retinal nerve fiber layer changes after laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis evaluated with optical coherence tomography. (2005) Journal of Refractive Surgery, 21,623-627.
- Rodin A.S., Dementyev D.D. Macular thickness and volume measurements after phakic posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation. ASCRS annual meeting, 20 March 2006, San Francisco, CA.
- Semashko A.S., Krylov A.S, Rodin A.S. Using blood vessel location information in optic disc segmentation. // in: 16th International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP'2011), Italy 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 6979, part 2, 2011, pp. 384-393.
- Rodin A.S. Open access ocular telehealth Web-based project. Conference "eHealth 2011", Toronto 30 May-1 Jun 2011". Poster presentation.
- Rodin A., Bangash M., Renaud A. EyeOnline (2012) Rotman Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Association (REVCA) Business Plan Competition, University of Toronto.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Rodin in Moscow, you may call
Dr. Rodin directly (after 5PM Moscow time) +7-925-545-7074
If you would like further information, you may call "Vision" Ophthalmology Centre at: + 7-495-937-8124
or use our on-line appointment request form.
You could also submit you retina photo for free assessment online. Please visit our retinal image reading center on www.Eye-File.com.
Address: "Vision" Eye Clinic, Moscow, Smolenskaya square 3 (a building of “Smolensky Passage”), the 2 th floor.
The entry is from the 1st Smolensky lane between entrances in underground parking. The clinic is located near “Smolenskaya” underground station (see Passage Diagram).